Heavenly bodies walked the red carpet for Met Gala. The celebrities gathered for the annual Met Gala (Met Ball) hosted by Anna Wintour, the Vogue editor. The yearly event is held the first Monday in May. This event is a fundraiser for the Metropolitan Art’s Costume Institute. It is rumored that this may be the last one hosted by Wintour. This year’s theme Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.
Anna Wintour Heavenly Bodies
Wintour and her daughter looked lovely for the evening event. Wintour dressed in Chanel with a frock featuring a halter neck and beautiful beading. Her daughter Bee Shaffer wore a red Valentino haute couture gown by Pierpaolo Piccioli. Each accessorized with crosses on a red clutch and beautiful necklace. Wintour chairs this event each year since 1995. The evening co-hosted by a fashion all-star lineup of Rihanna, Amal Clooney, and Donatella Versace. Wintour’s galas are the top social event in New York City. Guests are invited personally by Wintour and staff at Vogue assist with the evening preparation. This year was one filled with some controversy, but gorgeous fashion.
Celebrities Walk the Red Carpet Heavenly Bodies
The theme for the evening was one that brought creativity and exceptional fashion. The costume exhibit this season examines how fashion designers have been influenced by Catholic aesthetics. The theme went from religious influences in fashion to focus on Catholicism. This was adjusted when the curator decided that focusing on religious influences was too much for one show. The Catholic church not unhappy with the art collection and has donated pieces for the art show. The annual show at the museum dictates the theme and dress code for the evening.
The celebrities hit the red carpet with great creations of fashion, style, and makeup. Versace was popular fashion. Donatella Versace wore a design of her own that is sexy and gorgeous in a beautiful ornately embroidered coat and dress navy and gold boots. This was perfect for the evening. Her boots were fabulous. There were many celebrities wearing Versace at the Met Gala. This is appropriate because the fashion house being in Italy and often includes catholic religion in their fashion. The celebrities wearing Versace include:
- Kim Kardashian in a full-length gold gown with a gold cross on the front.
- Mingos wore matching print bold suits. They are very fitting for evening’s theme. (Best Dressed men)
- Gigi Hadid in a gorgeous blue embellish wings with a high slit. (Best Dressed woman)
- SZA in a soft pink heavenly gown with great embellished pink boots.
- Mary J Blige in an elegant light mint green gold gown, thigh-high boots (it is an evening for boots) and L’ Dezen by Payal Shah jewels.
- Zendaya wears a silver military Joan of Arc influenced gown, Jimmy Choo heels, and Tiffany & Co. jewelry.
- Katy Perry brings the wings the Met Gala theme with sexy gold thigh-high boots.
- Blake Lively in a regal elegant red and gold ornate detailed gown with a beautiful tiara and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.
Rihanna brought some controversy with her dress like the Pope. She wore a gem-encrusted Margiela mini-dress and matching coat, and a giant mitre. Amal Clooney one of the best dressed of the night. She wore cigarette pants with a strapless foil top and a train that flowed from the waist. This is a modern take on the mother Mary. The fashion continued with the theme throughout the evening. The inspiration for the Met Gala includes Cardinals, Mother Mary, art, and elegant embellishments. The evening was full of crosses and other religious symbols. The evening was awe-inspiring.
See the full evening here.
Connect with 4Chion Lifestyle for your best lifestyle here: