This year Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show had many moments to cherish and a few to anguish over. The runway filmed last week in Shanghai China and aired on CBS a week later filled with the latest lingerie creations by Olivier Rousteing, creative director and collaboration of Balmain. He took a hard edge in some of the fashion while others were goddess feeling.
The fashion show brings top models and celebrities to an exotic location to present the best Victoria’s Secret has to offer in the upcoming year. It is a great holiday gift for any person on your list. This season the runway had the following looks:
- Punk Angel: Inspired by the spirit of the 1980’s Punk scene this Collection features leather, lace, metal, tartan, fishnets, and leopard prints.
- Porcelain Angel: Seaside vibes from the shores of the Mediterranean and South of France. The girls are modern, young, sexy.
- A Winter’s Tales: An angel’s snowy fairytale featuring bold, colorful elements borrowed from Finland’s Lapland.
- Millennial Nation (Pink): Fresh, fun, sexy.
- Goddesses: Fragile, ethereal and feminine. Transparent, diaphanous fabrics draped to create soft and slow movement, the effect of being underwater.
- Nomadic Adventure: Prints, silhouettes and beading techniques inspired by indigenous African cultures.
The evening filled with beauty, entertainment, and sexy fashion. The styling was very similar throughout the collections. Soft waves, light makeup for a very feminine feel. The looks included:
- Sexy and tousled waves for an effortless runway look.
- The Angels’ runway makeup featured sultry brown eyes, high-impact lashes, rosy, bronzed cheeks, and a balmy nude pout achieved by Victoria’s Secret Velvet Matte Cream Lip Stains.
- High-gloss, flirty and feminine manicure by LeChat.
- The signature Fashion Show Robe dazzles with intricate embroidery.
- The Victoria’s Secret Love Fragrance Lotion created a sexy soft skin.
- The backstage bra creates a lightweight lift and a plunging neckline, it is Sexy Illusions Bra.
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Shanghai
This year’s fantasy bra was feminine and elegant. It is included in the Champagne Nights collection. It took almost 350 hours to create and embellished with nearly 6,000 precious gemstones.(Victoria’s Secret)” The bra creation is by world-renowned jeweler Mouawad. This 2 million dollar bra is handset with diamonds, yellow sapphires, and blue topaz worn by Lais Ribeiro for the famous runway.
The models walked the runway serenaded Harry Styles, Miguel, Jane Zhang, Leslie Odom Jr. and Yundi Li. The performance list was missing Katy Perry who had Visa issues.
Gigi Hadid, Victoria’s Secret model was not on the runway due to Visa issues as well. Alessandra Ambrosio closes out the runway and it is very fitting as this is her last runway show with Victoria’s Secret angels.
This year’s runway did have a slip and fall that did air on CBS during the show. Ming Xi, came down the runway waving her hands in the air, encouraging the audience to get louder. She is happy to walk in front of her family and hometown crowd. Her heel caught in her skirt, and she fell to the ground. Xi gathered her gigantic flowered costume and tried to recover, Brazilian model Gizele Oliveira assisted with getting her back on her feet. Xi gracefully completed the runway and pose.
The runway was a night of fantasy, sexy, and beauty. The collections a little edgy and fun with a soft feminine goddess look.
Please see the full runway and backstage here http://4chionlifestyle.com/victorias-secret-lingerie-fashion-show-photos-2017/
Connect with 4Chion Lifestyle (#4ChionStyle) here:
Connect with Victoria’s Secret here: